Volunteer with the Community Council
The Macalester-Groveland Community Council has a very small staff, so our effectiveness depends, in large part, on the work of volunteers. There are many ways to get involved. We'd love to talk with you to find a good fit based on your interests and strengths. Below is a brief look at some of the volunteer opportunities that are available. Please let us know if there's something that seems like a good fit. We will be happy to provide more information on how to get involved.
- One-time volunteer opportunities: Help out at events like Frost Fest, Home Improvement Fair, Fix-It Clinic, Annual Meeting, Neighborhood Cleanup, judging the Alley Garden Awards, Groveland Night Out, National Night Out, and the Garage Sale. Read more about these events at www.macgrove.org/what-we-do
- Join a Committee: Beautification Committee, Environment Committee, Housing and Land Use Committee, Long Range Planning Committee, Organics Steering Committee, Transportation Committee - this is where ideas turn into action! We always welcome new committee members at our committee meetings. You can read more about what each of our committees is working on and see the meeting schedule at www.macgrove.org/committees.
- Ongoing community support: Help with mailings, data entry, assembling welcome letters, printing materials, flyering, delivering collected greeting cards, maintenance or monitoring at the Organics Recycling Drop-off, etc.
- Have a specific skill-set that you want to put to work? Let us know what it is and we'll try to find a place for you to fit in. Ideas include art, graphic design, computer/tech help, strategic planning, marketing, development, creative engagement, etc.
- Join the Board of Directors: Watch for board openings in your grid, which are publicized on our website and in the E-lluminator. View the current board list here and find your grid here.
If you are interested in meeting or talking over the phone to find a way to get involved, please let us know! We'd be happy to talk with you and find a way to get you involved in this great community work. Please contact us at (651)695-4000 or e-mail email@example.com.